Weekday Explainer Program Application
By completing this application you have agreed that the responses are your own words and thoughts.
Before you fill out the application
Here’s what you will need to get started:
- An e-mail address where you will be receiving all correspondence from the Botanical Garden (We will e-mail you if you are selected for an interview.)
- Emergency Contact information, including an e-mail address and daytime phone number of a parent or guardian
- The e-mail address and phone number of a school contact (teacher, advisor, or guidance counselor) who knows you are applying
- The name and address of your current school
- Your projected high school graduation date (month/year)
- The days and times you will be available to volunteer each week
TIPS for making a good application great!
- Type all of your essay responses into a separate document (such as a Word file), making sure to correct spelling and grammatical errors before pasting into the application. (Be sure to save it!)
- Include how your interest in the Explainer Program is unique! Tell us something meaningful about yourself. Do not tell us that you want to join the program because you “need service hours” or because you “need a job.” Explainers are unpaid interns.