Holiday Train ShowNovember 17, 2012-January 13, 2013
All Aboard with Thomas and Friends™
January 1 – January 27
Featuring Members-Only mini-Performances on January 5, 6, 12, and 13 at 9 a.m.
Thomas ticket is required; no additional fee. Reserve online in advance as capacity is limited to 400 Members. Additional public times available.
Advance tickets reservations are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Events do sell out. Member tickets are required for all Holiday Train Show admissions and all holiday-related events
Members Holiday Breakfast
Followed by a Thomas & Friends™ mini-performance
Weekends January 5, 6, 12 & 13; 8 a.m.
Members and their families can enjoy a continental breakfast before meeting their favorite locomotive. Have fun with stickers, coloring sheets, toys, and a photo-op with train conductors during breakfast.
Then attend the brand new All Aboard with Thomas & Friends™ mini-performance at 9 a.m. We can’t wait to say “Good Morning” to you and your family! Holiday Train Show entry is available with this ticket at the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory through 11 a.m.
Get Your Tickets Today! Members $10 / Limit: 5 tickets per Membership. Advance reservation is required; limited capacity.
As a special bonus, guest passes will be accepted on non-peak weekdays from 1 p.m. to close. No guest passes will be accepted on weekends or during peak days, which include November 23, and December 17–January 1.
Exclusive Members Early Mornings Access
Every weekend and December 24 – January 1 starting at 9 a.m.
Members Preview Day
Friday, November 16; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Members have exclusive access to the Holiday Train Show and special programs before the public opening. Join us on this special day for a classical holiday concert, a screening of a Holiday Train Show documentary, and to have your questions answered by a Garden Tour Guide. Click here for full schedule details.
Magnificent Trees of The New York Botanical Garden Photographs by Larry Lederman
Booksigning 2:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. Exhibition on view November 17, 2012–April 14, 2013
Members are cordially invited to meet the photographer, Larry Lederman, on Members Preview Day. Larry Lederman, landscape photographer and member of the Garden's Board of Advisors, has spent years walking the Garden grounds to observe and photograph trees and vistas in all seasons and at all times of the day. Fifteen photographs featured in the book, selected for their diversity and visual impact will be on view in the Ross Gallery. During the opening, Mr. Lederman will sign copies of the book, which will be available for purchase.
November 17 & December 7; 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.On these three days you will receive:
- Free Parking with a valid Members ID
- 20% off of all purchases at Shop in the Garden
- 10% off at all Cafes
- Up to four half-price tickets for friends and family
- Time slots based on availability
Founding Sponsors: Victoria and Robert Zoellner
Major Sponsor: Alpine Associates Advisors
Generous support also provided by the Karen Katen Foundation
Additional support provided by Brooks Brothers
All-Garden Pass tickets for the Holiday Train Show start at $20 for Adults and $10 for Kids 2-12. See prices by date.
Advance reservations are strongly recommended as tickets do sell out. Tickets are timed and sold in 15 minute increments.
Holiday Train Show Hours
- Weekdays: Tuesday–Friday, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Weekends: 10 a.m.–7 p.m., including Friday, November 23 (day after Thanksgiving)
- Holiday Weeks (Monday, December 17–Tuesday, January 1): 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Early closings: December 14 and 24; 3 p.m.
- Closed: November 22 (Thanksgiving) and December 25 (Christmas)
Tips to Enhance Your Visit
- Holiday Weeks (December 17–January 1) are traditionally the busiest times at the show. Opt for days before or after that period.
- Our timed-ticket system helps visitor flow through the show. Purchase tickets online to select your date and time.
- Avoid lines at the gate by purchasing your tickets online and printing them yourself at home.
- Traveling with little ones? Strollers cannot be taken into the Conservatory, so please plan accordingly.
About the Designer
Paul Busse and his team at Applied Imagination have collaborated with the Garden since the inception of the Holiday Train Show in 1992. The collection now numbers more than 140 replicas!