Participate in activities throughout the forest from 12-4:30 p.m.
- Learn about School and Family Programs at the Garden.
- Learn about Adult Education and Family Programs at the Garden and meet the Adult Education instructors. Explore classes offered on native tree ID, crafting with forest plants, and foraging and try them out yourself.
- Discover life under a log, see turtles from the Bronx River, create a leaf rubbing or herbarium specimen, record your observations on life in the forest, and try imitating bird and critter calls.
- Learn about restoration of the Bronx River and take a canoe ride with the Bronx River Alliance, see seedlings provided by The American Chestnut Foundation, and get instruction on safe hiking and backpacking practices from the Sierra Club.
- Find out how to volunteer with the Citizen Science Program and the track changes occurring in the Forest brought on by climate change over time.