Special Occasion Photography Permit Request Form
Please keep in mind:
Permit requests will only be accepted six (6) weeks before the date requested; approved permits will be granted four (4) weeks in advance of desired shoot date.
A permit request submission is NOT a guarantee of a permit. All permit requests are subject to approval by the NYBG scheduling committee as some areas may not be available based upon seasonality or previously scheduled events.
- Photo shoots may take place on Tuesday–Sunday between 9 a.m.–11 a.m. and 4 p.m.–6 p.m.
- All rates are based hourly, with the exception of the Bridge by Twin Lakes which is 45 minutes.
- Garden locations must be chosen with submitted application.
- Permit fee is subject to change based upon property locations.
- Payment must be received before the day of the shoot.
- Some garden areas may not be available based upon seasonality or previously scheduled events.
- A rain date can be provided within reason based on a mutually agreed-upon timeframe.
- The New York Botanical Garden is a public space. Staff will be on hand to make every attempt to keep public out of photos, but is not guaranteed.
- Permits will only be granted approximately four (4) weeks in advance of desired shoot date.
- Permit includes premium parking for two vehicles.
- No more than 2 vehicles will include premium parking.
- NYBG security will remain with the party until photo shoot is complete.
- There is a maximum of 20 people allowed at the photography session.
- The following are strictly prohibited:
- No alcohol
- No music
- No decorations of any kind including tables, chairs, tents, and canopies
- No throwing of rice, birdseed, flowers, or confetti