Community Grounds Membership
Individual – $40 (100% tax deductible)
Family (2 Adults and up to 2 Children under age 16) – $70 (100% tax deductible)
- Year-round admission to the Garden grounds
- Access to an array of outdoor specialty gardens and collections including the Azalea Garden, Rose Garden, Family Garden,
Native Plant Garden, and Forest
Community Grounds Membership must be purchased in person at any Ticket Window.
The New York Botanical Garden is pleased to announce its participation in IDNYC’s third year by providing a complimentary Community Grounds Membership to all New York City residents who are approved for their IDNYC card.
Community Grounds Membership Benefits
- Year-round admission to the Garden grounds for an Individual or Family (2 adults & up to 2 children under age 16)
- Access to over 40 specialty gardens and historic collections including the Family Garden, Azalea Garden, Rose Garden, Native Plant Garden, Home Gardening Center, Perennial Garden, Herb Garden, the Conifer Arboretum, and Seasonal Walk.
This Membership offer is not available for current or recently lapsed (expired January 1, 2013–Present) Garden Members. Valid NYC Identification Cards are accepted and must be redeemed for a complimentary Membership no later than December 31, 2017. Complimentary Community Grounds Membership is for one year only, the complimentary Membership cannot be extended or renewed.
How to Join
- Present your valid IDNYC at any ticketing window, Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The complimentary Membership can only be redeemed onsite. Recipients will be issued a temporary Membership card (valid for up to 30 days) and permanent cards will arrive by mail in approximately 4 weeks. There is a replacement fee of $5 for lost cards.
- Please specify if you would like the Individual Level (1 adult) or the Family Level (2 adults and up to 2 children) Membership when redeeming your Membership.
About the Program:
When did the program begin?
January 12, 2015
Who is eligible?
Any New York City resident with a valid IDNYC who is not currently a Member of the Garden and who has not been a Member since January 2013, is eligible for complimentary Community Grounds Membership.
Can I apply for my IDNYC card at the Garden?
The New York Botanical Garden does not process IDNYC applications. Please visit the IDNYC website for information on enrollment center locations.
Where else am I able to obtain complimentary membership?
IDNYC cardholders can receive complimentary membership at over 30 cultural institutions in New York City. Please visit the IDNYC website for more information.
How do I get my complimentary Membership at the New York Botanical Garden?
Once you have received your IDNYC card, you may present it at any ticketing window at the Garden, Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
About the Membership:
What if I do not have a mailing address?
If you do not have a mailing address, you may pick up your Membership materials 10 days after you applied for Membership. Please call the Garden 2 to 3 days before your planned visit, and we will have your Membership materials waiting for you.
When does the offer end?
Valid NYC Identification Cards must redeem their complimentary Membership no later than December 31, 2017.
How many people does the Membership cover?
Complimentary Community Grounds Membership is available at the Individual Level (1 adult) or the Family Level (2 adults and up to 2 children). Please specify which level you would like when applying for a Membership. Membership will default to the Individual Level if not specified at the time of application.
What is included in the Membership?
Community Grounds Membership includes year-round admission to the Garden grounds, including the Azalea Garden, Rose Garden, Family Garden, Native Plant Garden, and Forest, as well as Early Morning Admission to the grounds. It does not include admission to the Children's Adventure Garden, Rock Garden, Conservatory, Special Exhibitions, or the use of trams.
What if I want additional benefits and access?
A full list of all Membership levels and benefits can be found on our website or by calling 718.817.8703.
Can I apply my complimentary Membership towards a different Membership Level or towards renewing my current Membership?
You may not apply complimentary Membership towards a different Membership Level or towards renewal.
Can I suspend my Membership or transfer it to someone else if I am going to be out of town?
Complimentary Membership cannot be suspended for any period of time or transferred to another party for any reason.
Can children redeem Membership?
Children under 16 can redeem a complimentary Membership with a valid IDNYC card, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when they visit the Garden.