The New York Botanical Garden receives support from a number of corporate, government, and individual partners who make our greening efforts possible.
There are many corporations who fund and engage in NYBG’s green initiatives.
Greening the Garden, sponsored by Con Edison, focuses on educating the public on energy efficiencies and sustainable initiatives to encourage a more environmentally friendly world. It showcases the Garden’s operational improvements such as trams running on compressed natural gas and Con Edison’s energy efficiency programs that help the Garden reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions.
NYBG and Green Mountain Energy (GME) contribute to the quality of life for New York residents by educating the public on the importance of sustainability. As renewable energy is increasingly incorporated into the global conversation on environmental conservation, the next generation of stewards for our planet need the valuable skills and resources required to take action. Support from Green Mountain Energy and its Sun Club enable NYBG to work toward this ambitious vision through its environmental education programs.
PepsiCo is the sponsor of Living Sustainably at the Garden, a customized program of education and outreach that encompasses topics like recycling, sustainable food sourcing and agriculture, and other food safety issues.
Royal Bank of Canada and the Garden have a mutual concern for conservation and protecting local waterways. Through RBC’s Blue Water Project grant to NYBG’s Green Zone, new infrastructure to manage storm water runoff along the Bronx River’s shoreline improves habitat for native plant and animal species, and increases public awareness of urban clean water management.
NYBG’s green initiatives are supported in part by these government organizations:
- Mayor’s Office of Recovery and Resiliency
- New York City Council
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- New York City Department of Cultural Affairs
- New York City Department of Energy Management
- New York City Department of Design and Construction
- New York City Department of Parks and Recreation
- Office of the Bronx Borough President
- Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Environmental Protection Fund
- Empire State Development Corporation
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation
- New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation
- New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation