Session 6: Food and Nutrition
Session 6 connects the school garden to growing food plants and nutrition. Growing crops is an effective way to introduce students to healthy foods and inspire healthy eating habits.
Download Resources Below:
- Lesson Topic: Pass The Plants, Please!
- Lesson Topic: Nutrition Comparison: Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Tip Sheet: How to Write a Recipe
- Tip Sheet: Utensil/Pantry Checklist
- Teacher Exercise: Garden Bed Theme Challenge
- Teacher Resource: The Basics of Botany