We are ready and eager to welcome you back with safety as our priority. We remain committed to providing you an enjoyable Garden experience with some new guidelines in place. Let’s work together so the Garden can remain open to all.
All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve timed-entry tickets in advance.
- Reserve a timed-entry ticket online in advance of your visit. All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve tickets in advance.
- Wear a face covering. Everyone is required to wear face coverings throughout the Garden grounds.
- Stay home if you are sick or symptomatic. We appreciate you taking care of yourself and protecting others.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Maintain six feet between yourself and others outside of your party while parking and when moving through the Garden.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns. Look for signage to help you navigate the Garden.
We reserve the right to request that visitors who do not follow the guidelines leave the premises.
Know Before You Go
- Reduced Garden capacity and amenities. For the safety of visitors and staff, NYBG is closing indoor spaces and any collections where social distancing might not be possible including the Haupt Conservatory, Edible Academy, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, Mertz Library, Rock Garden and the Tram Tour.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices. Garden staff are sanitizing surfaces such as tables, handrails, and door handles regularly.
- Sanitization stations. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the Garden and we ask all visitors and staff to practice proper hand washing procedures.
- 250 acres to explore. Enjoy seasonal highlights in the Chilton Azalea Garden, Native Plant Garden, Perennial Garden, Conservatory Courtyards, Rockefeller Rose Garden, and most other outdoor collections and trails. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable clothes and shoes for exploration.
- Grab-and-go food service only. Food and refreshments are offered for carry-out at the Pine Tree Café. Outdoor seating is available. Pop-up dining is also available with snacks and cold drinks near the Rose Garden and light meals, beer, and wine at the Hudson Garden Grill patio on select dates.
- NYBG Shop is open. We have adjusted our shopping and checkout processes to provide the safest possible experience.
- Mobility considerations. Wheelchair loans and the Tram Tour are temporarily suspended. If you require a mobility device, we ask that you bring your own.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. We will continue to monitor state and city guidelines to inform the Garden’s operations.