Safety is Our Priority
Effective December 27, 2021:
In accordance with New York City Executive Order and “Key to NYC”, all visitors ages 5 and older must show valid proof of vaccination against COVID-19 for entry to indoor exhibition spaces and facilities, NYBG Shop, and dining venues.
- Visitors ages 12 and older must show proof of a full vaccine regimen. Those 5–11 need only show proof of a first dose.
- Visitors over the age of 18 must also supply official identification displaying name and photo or date of birth.
- Visitors who do not supply valid proof of vaccination and ID are only permitted entry to restrooms and outdoor gardens.
- Children under the age of 5 who are accompanied by a vaccinated adult may enter indoor exhibition spaces and facilities.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings indoors and in the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and the Edible Academy.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. NYBG continues to monitor CDC, state, and city guidelines.
Know Before You Go
- Garden capacity and access. Capacity limits have been lifted and social distancing may not always be possible during your visit.
- Advanced purchase of tickets recommended. In order to guarantee admission, please purchase tickets in advance.
- 250 acres to explore. Enjoy seasonal highlights among our outdoor collections and trails. The Garden is open rain or shine. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration.
- Leave pets at home. Service animals trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities as defined by the ADA are welcome.
- Special events and exhibitions. The Orchid Show begins on February 26 and is on view through May 1, 2022. Orchid Evenings begin in March and require a special ticket for access.