We are ready and eager to welcome you back with safety as our priority. We remain committed to providing you an enjoyable Garden experience with some new guidelines in place. Let’s work together so the Garden can remain open to all.
All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve timed-entry tickets in advance.
- Reserve a timed-entry ticket online in advance of your visit. All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve tickets in advance.
- Wear a face covering. Everyone is required to wear face coverings throughout the Garden grounds.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or have traveled from certain states. Please visit another day if you aren’t feeling well or are subject to mandatory quarantine or testing processes designated by the New York State travel advisory. We appreciate you taking care of yourself and protecting others.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Maintain six feet between yourself and others outside of your party while parking and when moving through the Garden.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns. Look for signage to help you navigate the Garden.
We reserve the right to request that visitors who do not follow the guidelines leave the premises.
Know Before You Go
- Reduced Garden capacity and amenities. For the safety of visitors and staff, NYBG is closing select spaces where social distancing might not be possible, including the Edible Academy, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, Mertz Library, Rock Garden, and the Tram Tour.
- Limited Conservatory Access. Access to the Haupt Conservatory is very limited and available only to Members, Patrons, Corporate Members, and Bronx Community Partners with Holiday Train Show® tickets from November 12–January 31, 2021.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices. Garden staff are sanitizing surfaces such as tables, handrails, and door handles regularly.
- Sanitization stations. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the Garden and we ask all visitors and staff to practice proper hand washing procedures.
- 250 acres to explore. Enjoy seasonal highlights in the Chilton Azalea Garden, Native Plant Garden, Perennial Garden, Rockefeller Rose Garden, and most other outdoor collections and trails. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration.
- Special Events and Exhibitions: The Holiday Train Show® will take place from November 12–January 31, 2021. Due to this year’s limited capacity, the Holiday Train Show will be available to Members, Patrons, Corporate Members, and Bronx Community Partners only. A new installation, NYBG GLOW, will take place on select dates from November 27-January 9, 2021 and will be available to NYBG GLOW ticket holders.
- Grab-and-go food service only. Food and refreshments are offered for carry-out at the Pine Tree Café. Outdoor seating is available. Pop-up dining is also available with light meals, beer, and wine at the Hudson Garden Grill patio on select dates.
- NYBG Shop is open. We have adjusted our shopping and checkout processes to provide the safest possible experience.
- Mobility considerations. Wheelchair loans are available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center and Mosholu Entrance. The Tram Tour is temporarily suspended. If you require a mobility device, we encourage you to bring your own.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. We will continue to monitor state and city guidelines to inform the Garden’s operations.