We are ready and eager to welcome you back with safety as our priority. We remain committed to providing you an enjoyable Garden experience with some new guidelines in place. Let’s work together so the Garden can remain open to all.
All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve timed-entry tickets in advance.
- Reserve a timed-entry ticket online in advance of your visit. All visitors, including Members, must purchase or reserve tickets in advance.
- Wear a face covering. Visitors are required to wear face coverings, regardless of vaccination status, indoors and in high density areas where it may be difficult to maintain six feet of distance.
- Stay home if you are sick or symptomatic. We appreciate you taking care of yourself and protecting others
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Maintain six feet between yourself and others outside of your party while parking and when moving through the Garden.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns. Look for signage to help you navigate the Garden.
We reserve the right to request that visitors who do not follow the guidelines leave the premises.
Know Before You Go
- Reduced Garden capacity and access. For the safety of visitors and staff, NYBG is limiting access to select spaces to ensure social distancing, including the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, Mertz Library, and the Tram Tour—which are accessible only to KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass ticketholders.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting practices. Garden staff are sanitizing surfaces such as tables, handrails, and door handles regularly.
- Sanitization stations. Hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the Garden and we ask all visitors and staff to practice proper hand washing procedures.
- 250 acres to explore. Enjoy seasonal highlights in the Chilton Azalea Garden, Native Plant Garden, Perennial Garden, Rockefeller Rose Garden, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, Rock Garden, and most other outdoor collections and trails. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration.
- Special events and exhibitions. KUSAMA: Cosmic Nature will take place from April 10–October 31, 2021. To see the exhibition, visitors will need to purchase a KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass or KUSAMA Garden Pass ticket in advance.
- Tram Tour. The tram tour has resumed with limited capacity and enhanced cleaning protocols in place. It is available to KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass ticketholders only.
- Pine Tree Café and Hudson Garden Grill are open. Outdoor, covered seating is available at the Pine Tree Cafe and outdoor and limited indoor dining is available at the Hudson Garden Grill under current city and state guidelines. Temperature checks and contact tracing information are required for indoor dining. See more.
- NYBG Shop is open. We have adjusted our shopping and checkout processes to provide the safest possible experience.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. We will continue to monitor state and city guidelines to inform the Garden’s operations.