Safety is Our Priority
Effective September 1, 2021:
In accordance with New York City Executive Order 225, all visitors ages 12 and older must show valid proof of vaccination against COVID-19 for entry to indoor exhibition spaces and facilities, and all dining venues.
- Visitors over the age of 18 must also supply official identification displaying name and photo or date of birth.
- Visitors who do not supply valid proof of vaccination and ID are only permitted entry to outdoor gardens and restrooms.
- Children under the age of 12 who are accompanied by a vaccinated adult may enter indoor exhibition spaces and facilities, and all dining venues.
- All visitors are required to wear face coverings indoors and in the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and the Edible Academy.
NYBG continues to monitor CDC, state, and city guidelines.
Know Before You Go
- Garden capacity and access. Garden capacity limits have been lifted and social distancing may not always be possible during your visit. Access to the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, LuEsther T. Mertz Library Building, and the Tram Tour are available only to KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass ticketholders.
- Advanced purchase of timed-entry tickets recommended. In order to guarantee admission, please purchase tickets in advance; KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass tickets do sell out.
- 250 acres to explore. Enjoy seasonal highlights in the Chilton Azalea Garden, Native Plant Garden, Perennial Garden, Rockefeller Rose Garden, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, Rock Garden, and most other outdoor collections and trails. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration.
- Special events and exhibitions. KUSAMA: Cosmic Nature is on view through October 31, 2021. To see the exhibition, visitors will need to purchase a KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass or KUSAMA Garden Pass ticket in advance.
- Tram Tour. The tram tour is available to KUSAMA Garden & Gallery Pass ticketholders only and Members.