Due to COVID-19, all on-site volunteer is currently on hold into 2021. If you are interested in being added to the waiting list or receiving future notices for virtual volunteer opportunities, please submit your volunteer application.
For more information contact Volunteer Services at 718.817.8765 or via e-mail.
If you think you’d like to volunteer at the Garden, you should know that:
- You don’t need to have a green thumb or a plant science background!
- Our volunteers range in age from 14 to 80+.
- You’ll receive training specific to your assignment.
- Volunteer opportunities are available year-round, both weekdays and weekends, in a variety of areas.
- You’ll receive benefits like free parking and discounts in the cafes, in the Shop, and on Continuing Education Classes.
- You can help out once a week to once a month.
To apply, please send a completed volunteer application to email@example.com. Please include a resume if applicable. Please note we are only able to accept Word and PDF documents.
All applications will be reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted for an interview according to their qualifications, interests, and availability for the opportunity of interest. Opportunities are dependent on current activities at NYBG and may not be available at all times. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and availability are best aligned with the mission of NYBG. For more information, contact the Volunteer Services Department at 718.817.8765 or via e-mail.