BEFORE THE GREEN IS GONE: 2017 Sustainability Summit and Dinner will offer topic sessions in the following key areas:
Water Conservation Session
Learn more about the economic value of water and how companies can show leadership in managing the world’s most pressing water-related issues. Panelists with backgrounds in corporate water management and water advocacy will explore innovations and trends that address urgent needs related to sustaining freshwater resources.
- Moderator: Daniel Katz, Senior Program Director, Overbrook Foundation
- Daniel E. Estrin, Esq., General Counsel & Legal Director, Waterkeeper Alliance
- Will Sarni, Founder and Principal, Water Foundry, LLC
- Michael Washburn, Principal, Washburn Consulting
Former VP of Sustainability, Nestle Waters
- Ursula Dean Hoskins, RLA, Vice President for Capital Projects, NYBG
Sustainable Forestry Session
Leading figures from conservation and botany, as well as users of forest products, explore ways to manage and sustain diverse supply chains and protect living landscapes. They will also provide insights in promoting sustainability at a time of uncertainty in public policy.
- Moderator: Andrew Revkin, Senior Reporter, ProPublica
- Mark Buckley, VP of Environmental Affairs, Staples, Inc.
- Richard Donovan, VP of Forestry, Rainforest Alliance
- David J. Refkin, Affiliate Senior Consultant, Resource Recycling Systems
VP of Sustainability Emeritus, Time Inc.
- Charles M. Peters, Ph.D., Kate E. Tode Curator of Botany, NYBG
Energy Efficiency Session
Corporate leaders and veteran advocates for energy efficiency will discuss contemporary approaches to conserving energy in buildings and cities, and explore the implications of corporate leadership and data in achieving meaningful savings. The panel will also discuss the importance of efficiency in the broader context of reducing energy consumption and its environmental impacts.
- Moderator: Kate Sinding, Senior Strategic Environmental Consultant
- Tim Fleming, Director of Enterprise Sustainability, AT&T
- Jill Jamieson, Managing Director, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Joseph Martens, Senior Fellow, Open Space Institute, Inc.
- Mark Cupkovic, Vice President for Security and Operations, NYBG