We strive to ensure that the Botanical Garden, its buildings, and its tour vehicles are accessible. However, due to the Garden’s naturally varied topography, portions of the historic landscape may be inaccessible.
- Designated parking locations are found near the Conservatory and Mosholu Gate entrances as well as at the Watson Education building and offsite at The New York Botanical Garden Parking Garage.
- Wheelchairs are available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center, Mosholu Gate, and Bedford Park Gate. Reservations are not accepted. An ID must be left with Visitor Services.
- Wheelchair lifts are located in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and at the entrance to the Library building.
- All ticketing booths are equipped with induction loops that transmit directly to hearing aids with T-coils.
- The Tram is wheelchair accessible. Each tram can accommodate one wheelchair. Every effort will be made to accommodate groups of wheelchair users.
- Large-print transcripts of the Tram Tour are available from the Tram Attendant.
- Trams are equipped with a T-coil compatible induction loop. Headsets are available; ask the Tram attendant.
- The Garden's Audio Tours are accessible by cell phone.
- Large-print and regular-print transcripts of the Audio Tours are available at the Visitor Center Information Booth.
- The Garden's Audio Tour Stimulating Your Senses in the Home Gardening Center includes visually descriptive commentary designed for the Garden's visually impaired visitors. Audio Tour signage includes braille text.
- The Home Gardening Center's, Helen's Garden for the Senses, includes braille signage.
Arthur and Janet Ross Lecture Hall
- Assistive Listening Devices (head sets and T-coil compatible neck loops) are available upon request. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Wheelchair seating areas are reserved at the top of the Ross Lecture Hall.
- Assistive Listening Devices (headsets and T-coil compatible neck loops) are available for all tours and programs upon request. Please ask a staff member for assistance.
- A tour of a Garden collection with an American Sign Language interpreter is offered on the third Saturday of every month.
- The Botanical Garden, its buildings, and its tour vehicles are accessible. Due to the Garden's varied topography, portions of the historic landscape may be inaccessible.
- For more information about specific areas of the Garden, please inquire at the Visitor Center Information Booth.
- Appropriately documented service dogs are welcome at the Garden.
- Visitor Services or Security staff are available to assist with First Aid.
- In case of emergency, call 718.817.8617 or 718.817.8714.
- For more information about the accessibility of specific programs or tours, please call:
718.817.8649 Visitor Services
718.817.8610 Adult Education
718.817.8181 Children's Education
718.817.8577 Group Tours
718.817.8564 Volunteer Services
An Accessibility Map and Information guide is available at the Garden or can be downloaded here.
Please note that this is a large file and will take a few minutes to download.