Please remember the following Garden guidelines:
- Stay on paths.
- Deposit trash in designated receptacles.
- Do not pick flowers or climb trees.
- Do not feed the animals and birds.
- Pets are not allowed. (Sight-enabling guide dogs/animals are permitted.)
- No outside food is allowed in our indoor and outdoor Cafes. You may picnic and consume outside food at the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions.
- No strollers, tripods, monopods, or easels in the Conservatory.
- Shirts and shoes are required at all times.
- No fires, alcohol, or portable radios.
- Recreational sports, including skating, ball playing, cycling, etc., are not permitted.
- Pursuant to New York City Law, smoking is not permitted on the Garden's grounds.
Photo & Video Policies
- Still photography and videotaping for personal use is permitted throughout the outdoor Gardens & Collections and the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory.
- No tripods allowed are allowed in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory.
- Photography and videography are not permitted in the LoFaro & Rondina Gallery.
- Photography and videography is permitted for private, noncommercial use only.
- To avoid damage to collections and disruption of visitors and Garden activities, photographers and their equipment are restricted from garden beds and may not block or interfere with normal pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- The New York Botanical Garden takes photographs and video footage daily. By your presence in the Garden you consent to the use of photographs and video of you in promotional materials for the Garden.
Commercial & Special Occasion Shoots
- Any photographer, videographer or artist who intends to use images of the Garden for commercial, professional, advertising, or promotional purposes must pre-arrange a shoot.
- All photography shoots, which utilize professional equipment (i.e. tripod, lights, detachable flash, umbrellas, etc.) must be pre-arranged and require a Photography Permit.
- Both commercial and special occasion shoots require fees commensurate with the demands placed on the Garden by the shoot.
Learn more about Commercial & Special Occasion Shoots.