Tickets & Visit Info
Advanced purchase of timed-entry tickets are recommended to guarantee admission; tickets do sell out.
A separate ticket for NYBG GLOW is required; to see both the Holiday Train Show® and GLOW, add the Holiday Train Show to your GLOW ticket during the online check out process.
Includes daytime access to the Holiday Train Show, Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, and Tram Tour, plus Garden features including the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and outdoor collections.
|Student (with valid ID)||$31||Free|
|Child under 2||Free||Free|
Includes evening access to the Holiday Train Show in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds.
|Child under 2||Free||Free|
Includes evening access to all NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds; does not include access to the Holiday Train Show.
|Child under 2||Free||Free|
All Aboard with Thomas & Friends™ performances will take place on January 7 & 8 and 13–16. Advance ticket reservation is strongly recommended. When reserving online, you will have the option to add tickets to your cart, at no additional cost, after selecting your admission to the Garden.
The Holiday Train Show® takes place in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, which is accessed with timed entry tickets. Although these tickets are sold in 15-minute increments, you may spend as much time enjoying the exhibition as you wish.
Get your tickets online before you visit for guaranteed access to the exhibition. Members, bring your Member Card and parking pass with your tickets. NYBG GLOW and All Aboard with Thomas & Friends™ require separate tickets.
The New York Botanical Garden is generally open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday to Sunday.
On dates with NYBG GLOW, the last daytime entry is at 4 p.m. Access for GLOW ticketholders begins at 5 p.m.
NYBG GLOW: 5–10 p.m., select dates
Monday Openings: December 19 & 26; January 2 & 16
Early Closures: November 30 (Conservatory and Holiday Train Show® close at 3 p.m.); December 24 (NYBG closes at 3 p.m.)
Closures: November 24 (Thanksgiving) and December 25 (Christmas)
NYBG GLOW is an outdoor color and light experience on 25 select nights from November 18, 2022–January 14, 2023. Discover the beauty of our landmark landscape and historic buildings after dark, breathtakingly illuminated with a 1.5-mile colorful experience. Round out your experience with an after-dark visit to the Holiday Train Show under the glow of the Haupt Conservatory by purchasing a special combination ticket.
Know Before You Go
- Garden Capacity. Holiday Train Show access is limited, so we recommend getting your tickets online in advance. Dates do sell out.
- Strollers. Strollers are allowed throughout the Garden grounds with the exception of the Haupt Conservatory, where the Holiday Train Show takes place, and the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden Discovery Center. Stroller parking is available at these locations.
- Accessibility. Most key areas of the Garden are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Visitor Center, Mosholu Entrance, Bedford Park Gate, and East Gate. Reservations are not accepted. An ID must be left with Visitor Services. We cannot guarantee availability and strongly recommend you travel with your personal mobility device. Use our online accessibility guide to plan your visit or pick up an accessibility guide at an entry gate.
- Travel light. NYBG does not offer bag or coat-check facilities.
- Photography. You are welcome to take personal, non-flash photography. Tripods, monopods, easels, selfie sticks, and lighting equipment are not permitted in the Haupt Conservatory. Check our Visitor Guidelines for more information about photography at the Garden.
Enjoy Holiday Train Show as a Member
Along with free admission to the Garden year-round, Members and Patrons receive free daytime tickets to the Holiday Train Show and you can visit as often as you like! Join Now.
Round out your Holiday Train Show visit with a variety of dining options.
Pine Tree Café | Leon Levy Visitor Center
The Pine Tree Café is open with grab-and-go food and indoor and outdoor seating available. The family-friendly menu features artisanal panini, Neapolitan-style pizza, signature salads, and kid-friendly options, plus sweet treats, snacks, and a full coffee bar featuring top-notch espresso and homemade pastries.
The Hudson Garden Grill
The Hudson Garden Grill is a farm-to-table restaurant spotlighting the innovative flavors of New American cuisine. Walk-ins are welcome, but reservations are recommended on opentable.com.
Visitors may bring outside food to NYBG to enjoy at the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions.
Pick up a keepsake of your holiday visit at NYBG Shop.
Leon Levy Visitor Center
Open during regular Garden hours
Discover signature items for home and garden, and find new and unusual plants for indoors and out, nature-inspired toys, distinctive personal accessories, exhibition-related items, and more. The Shop’s superb selection of gardening and horticulture books provides insight for beginner and experienced gardeners alike. During the Holiday Train Show®, explore NYBG Shop’s winter wonderland of glittering ornaments, home décor, unique holiday gifts, and toy trains for kids of all ages.
Purchases in the Shop and online support the Garden’s pursuit of excellence in horticulture, plant research and conservation, and education.
Need additional information? Direct your questions to Ticketing Support between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET daily at firstname.lastname@example.org.