Experience the magic of New York City’s largest outdoor holiday light experience
This holiday season, NYBG GLOW returns for its third year. Discover the beauty of our landscape and historic buildings after dark, breathtakingly illuminated across the Garden. Building upon sold-out evenings the past two years, NYBG GLOW expands across even more of the Garden’s magnificent collections. And take in our fun-filled evening offerings with artistic, music, and pop-up performances around the Garden.
Round out your experience with an after-dark visit to the Holiday Train Show® under the glow of the Haupt Conservatory by purchasing a special combination ticket. Enjoy a drink, hot cocoa, and a bite to eat at one of our outdoor bars or the Bronx Night Market Holiday Pop-Up. And take in even more festive evening offerings with artistic performances around the Garden.
Start a new holiday tradition and get outside this season with NYBG GLOW!
Advanced purchase of timed-entry tickets are recommended to guarantee admission; tickets do sell out.
A separate ticket for NYBG GLOW is required; to see both the Holiday Train Show and GLOW, select a special combination ticket.
Holiday Train Show + GLOW
Includes evening access to the Holiday Train Show in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds.
Pricing Public Patron/Member Adult $54 $39 Child (2-12) $39 $29 Child under 2 Free Free
Includes evening access to all NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds; does not include access to the Holiday Train Show.
Pricing Public Patron/Member Adult $39 $29 Child (2-12) $24 $19 Child under 2 Free Free
Take a Sneak Peek at NYBG GLOW
Taste Local Flavors at the Bronx Night Market
Called New York’s Best Outdoor Food Fair by the New York Times, the Bronx Night Market brings together handpicked food vendors in celebration of our city’s diverse culture. A special pop-up during GLOW features a rotating selection of Market favorites for purchase.
Enjoy Drinks and Pre-GLOW Dinner
Purchase a cocktail, beer, wine, and more from one of our outdoor seasonal bars. Enjoy a pre-show meal or light bite at the Hudson Garden Grill (last reservation at 5:30 p.m.). Make your reservations on opentable.com
5–10 p.m.; Leon Levy Visitor Center
Pick up a keepsake of your GLOW visit or do some holiday shopping at NYBG Shop—a winter wonderland of glittering ornaments, home décor, new and unusual plants, and unique gifts.
Purchases in the Shop and online support the Garden’s pursuit of excellence in horticulture, plant research and conservation, and education.
About the Holiday Train Show
During GLOW, enjoy the beloved Holiday Train Show after hours with a special combination ticket. See model trains zip through an enchanting display of more than 190 New York landmarks, each delightfully re-created from natural materials such as birch bark, lotus pods, and cinnamon sticks.
Know Before You GLOW
- Prepare to be outdoors. NYBG GLOW is an outdoor experience, rain or shine. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration. Access to the Holiday Train Show requires a Holiday Train Show + GLOW combination ticket.
- Haupt Conservatory Access. Access to the Holiday Train Show in the Haupt Conservatory is available only to Holiday Train Show + GLOW combination ticketholders.
- NYBG GLOW. GLOW will be on view until 10 p.m. The last Tram Tour will depart at 5:30 p.m. Please note that select Garden features, including the Tram Tour, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, and select outdoor gardens and collections, are not available during GLOW.
- Strollers. Strollers are allowed throughout the Garden grounds with the exception of the Haupt Conservatory, where the Holiday Train Show takes place.
- Mobility considerations. Wheelchair loans are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center and Mosholu Entrance. If you require a mobility device, we encourage you to bring your own.
- Travel light. NYBG does not offer bag or coat-check facilities.
- Photography. You are welcome to take personal, non-flash photography. Tripods, monopods, easels, selfie sticks, and lighting equipment are not permitted in the Haupt Conservatory. Check our Visitor Guidelines for more information about photography at the Garden.
Composite rendering of NYBG GLOW in the Native Plant Garden, new for 2022