At The New York Botanical Garden, we grow more than just plants—we grow programs, creativity, and people too. Through inquiry-based methods, children and teachers engage in experiences with plants and the natural world, which will help them to construct understandings of plants, their cultural uses, and their overall importance to life on Earth.
The School and Teacher Programs at the Garden offer:
- Hands-on interactive and engaging programming to enhance children’s understanding of ecology, plant science, and the world around them
- Outdoor programming to foster an appreciation of nature
- Adherence with New York City Science Standards, New York State Learning Standards, National Science Education Standards, and the Common Core Learning Standards
- Affordable programs
Browse class trips and professional development programs below and follow the links to register online.
To register your class for a trip email email@example.com or call 718.817.8181.
Teachers interested in speaking with our professional development staff should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.817.8140.
The New York Botanical Garden thanks the individuals, foundations, and corporations who generously support Children’s Education at the Garden.
- Altman Foundation
- Booth Ferris Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Coleman P. Burke
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Chobani Foundation
- Larry E. Condon and John J. Hoffee
- Con Edison
- Cleveland H. Dodge Foundation, Inc.
- Everett Foundation
- Amy Goldman Fowler, Ph.D.
- Robert F. Gossett, Jr.
- Green Mountain Energy Sun Club® William Randolph Hearst Foundation
Mrs. Andrew Heiskell
- Jill Joyce
- Susan E. Lynch
- MetLife Foundation
- Newman’s Own Foundation
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation
- The Palm Foundation
- Royal Bank of Canada
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles M. Royce
- Kate Solomon and David Wasserman
- Caroline A. Wamsler, Ph.D. and DeWayne N. Phillips
- One anonymous donor
- Adobe Foundation
- Allwin Family Foundation
- American Honda Foundation
- Frank J. Antun Foundation
- Milton and Sally Avery Arts Foundation
- Rose M. Badgeley Residuary Charitable Trust, HSBC Bank USA, N.A. Trustee
- The Barker Welfare Foundation
- Cynthia D. Brodsky
- Clif Bar Family Foundation
- Entergy Nuclear Northeast
- Gannett Foundation
- Eugene and Emily Grant Family Foundation
- Institute of Museum and Library Services
- The Lucius N. Littauer Foundation
- The Marritan Fund, Inc.
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Laura J. Niles Foundation, Inc.
- The Norinchukin Foundation, Inc.
- Alfiero and Lucia Palestroni Foundation, Inc.
- Alexander R. Peacock Trust
- Jean R. Peacock Trust
- The Pinkerton Foundation
- Jill and Alan Rappaport
- May and Samuel Rudin Family Foundation, Inc.
- S & P Global
- Phyllis and Howard Schwartz
- Philanthropic Fund
- Sony Corporation of America
- The Walt Disney Company
- Wells Fargo
- Whole Foods Market®
- Mrs. B. Robert Williamson, Jr.
- The Everett Children’s Adventure Garden has been made possible by the leadership generosity of Edith and Henry Everett.
- The New York Botanical Garden is located on property owned in full by the City of New York, and its operation is made possible in part by public funds provided through the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs. A portion of the Garden’s general operating funds is provided by The New York City Council and The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. The Bronx Borough President and Bronx elected representatives in the City Council and State Legislature provide leadership funding.
Leadership support for the Edible Academy and programs in the Ruth Rea Howell Family Garden is provided by:
Mr. and Mrs. Coleman P. Burke, Larry E. Condon and John J. Hoffee, the Cleveland H. Dodge Foundation, Amy Goldman Fowler, Ph.D., Lillian Goldman Charitable Trust, Robert F. Gossett, Jr., the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Jill Joyce, Susan E. Lynch, the New York City Mayor’s Office and the New York City Council, New York State and Senator Jeffrey D. Klein, Stavros Niarchos Foundation, Jill and Alan Rappaport, Mr. and Mrs. Charles M. Royce, Phyllis and Howard Schwartz Philanthropic Fund, Kate Solomon and David Wasserman, Caroline A. Wamsler, Ph.D. and DeWayne N. Phillips, Wallace Genetic Foundation, and one anonymous donor.
Major Corporate support for the Edible Academy is provided by:
Chobani Foundation, Green Mountain Energy Sun Club®, MetLife Foundation, and Newman’s Own Foundation
Additional Corporate support for the Edible Academy is provided by:
Adobe Foundation, The Norinchukin Foundation, and Whole Foods Market®
Professional Development Program for Teachers Support provided by:
Cynthia D. Brodsky, The Lucius N. Littauer Foundation, Laura J. Niles Foundation, Inc., and May and Samuel Rudin Family Foundation, Inc.
Explainer Program Support provided by:
American Honda Foundation, Clif Bar Family Foundation, Everett Foundation, Alfiero and Lucia Palestroni Foundation, Inc., and The Pinkerton Foundation.
GreenSchool Support provided by:
Select plant science and ecology activities take place on the first Wednesday of each month thanks to the generous support of the Con Edison STEM Day Out initiative.