THE EXHIBITION IS NOW CLOSED
Experience the magic of New York City’s longest entirely outdoor illuminated color spectacle
This holiday season, let it GLOW at The New York Botanical Garden. Discover the beauty of our landmark landscape and historic buildings after dark, breathtakingly illuminated with a newly expanded 1.5-mile colorful outdoor experience.
These lively nights return for their second year at NYBG with more displays to wander through and explore. See NYBG’s iconic sights and buildings come to life as dramatic, glittering canvases with the Haupt Conservatory and Mertz Library Building as the centerpieces. Colorfully lit paths and trees, thousands of dazzling LEDs, illuminated plant stories, and whimsical, picture-perfect installations reflect the surrounding gardens and collections—creating a spectacle not to be missed!
Round out your experience with an after-dark visit to the Holiday Train Show® under the glow of the Haupt Conservatory by purchasing a special combination ticket. Enjoy a drink, hot cocoa, and a bite to eat at one of our outdoor bars or the Bronx Night Market Holiday Pop-Up. And take in even more festive evening offerings with artistic ice sculpting and music around the Garden.
Start a new holiday tradition and get outside this season with NYBG GLOW!
Advanced purchase of timed-entry tickets are recommended to guarantee admission; tickets do sell out.
A separate ticket for NYBG GLOW is required; to see both the Holiday Train Show and GLOW, select a special combination ticket.
Holiday Train Show + GLOW
Includes evening access to the Holiday Train Show in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds.
Pricing Public Patron/Member Adult $49 $35 Child (2-12) $34 $25 Child under 2 Free Free
Includes evening access to all NYBG GLOW installations across the grounds; does not include access to the Holiday Train Show.
Pricing Public Patron/Member Adult $35 $25 Child (2-12) $20 $15 Child under 2 Free Free
Take a Sneak Peek at NYBG GLOW
Discover Outdoor Entertainment
Lively performers help light up the night with music and artistic ice sculpting.
Steel Pan Holiday
Experience the festive sounds of the steel pan drum as you explore GLOW.
About Steel Pan Holiday: Winners of the International Pan Ramajay Competition 2020, Khuent Rose leads the steel pan ensemble, Khuentertainment. The ensemble is part of a generation of young steelpan music innovators charting imaginative performances while holding a profound respect and understanding for the titans that have built this distinctive musical tradition.
Artistic Ice Sculpting
Marvel as carvers from Okamoto Studio NYC transform ordinary blocks of ice into massive wintry works of art.
About Okamoto Studio: Shintaro Okamoto is the creative force behind Okamoto Studio, a NYC-based artist collective best known for producing artful installations and performances out of crystal clear ice. Shintaro thrives on offering new ways to play the ephemeral quality of ice as the perfect metaphor for the ‘here and the now.’ His ideas about ice continue to carve new ways to “communicate and interact, to keep function and form both fluid, to cement life with ice evermore inevitable.”
In the event of inclement weather, the performance schedule is subject to change.
Taste Local Flavors at the Bronx Night Market
Called New York’s Best Outdoor Food Fair by the New York Times, the Bronx Night Market brings together handpicked food vendors in celebration of our city’s diverse culture. A special pop-up during GLOW features a rotating selection of Market favorites for purchase.
Stay tuned for additional vendors to be announced.
Vendors subject to change.
- Treat yourself Jerk
- Tacos el Guero
- Bronx Burger Co.
- Harlem Seafood Soul
- ROOT Juicery
Enjoy Drinks and Pre-GLOW Dinner
Purchase a cocktail, beer, wine, and more from one of our outdoor seasonal bars. Enjoy a pre-show meal or light bite at the Hudson Garden Grill (last reservation at 5:30 p.m.). Make your reservations on opentable.com
5–10 p.m.; Leon Levy Visitor Center
Pick up a keepsake of your GLOW visit or do some holiday shopping at NYBG Shop—a winter wonderland of glittering ornaments, home décor, new and unusual plants, and unique gifts.
Purchases in the Shop and online support the Garden’s pursuit of excellence in horticulture, plant research and conservation, and education.
About the Holiday Train Show
During GLOW, enjoy the beloved Holiday Train Show after hours with a special combination ticket. See model trains zip through an enchanting display of more than 175 New York landmarks, each delightfully re-created from natural materials such as birch bark, lotus pods, and cinnamon sticks.
Know Before You GLOW
- Garden Capacity. Holiday Train Show access is limited, but social distancing may not always be possible during your visit.
- Vaccination Policy. In accordance with “Key to NYC”, effective December 27, all visitors ages 5 and older must show valid proof of vaccination against COVID-19 for entry to indoor exhibition spaces and facilities, NYBG Shop, and dining venues. Learn more.
- Face coverings are required indoors, at the Edible Academy, and at the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, regardless of vaccination status. NYBG will continue to monitor CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- Prepare to be outdoors. NYBG GLOW is an outdoor experience, rain or shine. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration. Access to the Holiday Train Show requires a Holiday Train Show + GLOW combination ticket.
- Haupt Conservatory Access. Access to the Holiday Train Show in the Haupt Conservatory is available only to Holiday Train Show + GLOW combination ticketholders.
- NYBG GLOW. GLOW will be on view until 10 p.m. The last Tram Tour will depart at 5:30 p.m. Please note that select Garden features, including the Tram Tour, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, and select outdoor gardens and collections, are not available during GLOW.
- Strollers. Strollers are allowed throughout the Garden grounds with the exception of the Haupt Conservatory. Stroller parking is available at this locations.
- Mobility considerations. Wheelchair loans are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center and Mosholu Entrance. If you require a mobility device, we encourage you to bring your own.
- Travel light. NYBG does not offer bag or coat-check facilities.
- Photography. You are welcome to take personal, non-flash photography. Tripods, monopods, easels, selfie sticks, and lighting equipment are not permitted in the Haupt Conservatory. Check our Visitor Guidelines for more information about photography at the Garden.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. We will continue to monitor state and city guidelines to inform the Garden’s operations.