The Garden Patrons Program is a community of individuals who go above and beyond to champion The New York Botanical Garden. In appreciation for their commitment, Garden Patrons receive unparalleled concierge service and invitations to exclusive events throughout the year (scroll down for list of benefits). Join today to receive:
- Unlimited free admission for up to six adults and six children during every visit
- Complimentary reserved parking
- One private weekday golf cart tour of our 250-acre grounds, with a staff guide, for up to five people
- A dedicated phone line to assist with tickets, parking, restaurant reservations, course enrollment, and events
Throughout the year, Garden Patrons enjoy a full calendar of events, including:
- Exhibition Receptions
These cocktail receptions celebrate each of our major exhibitions, including the Holiday Train Show®, The Orchid Show, and our summer 2020 exhibition featuring the work of Yayoi Kusama.
- Seasonal Walks
These walking tours focus on specific collections on the Garden’s 250-acre grounds and are followed by an informal reception. (Past tours have included the Native Plant Garden, Rock Garden, and the Judy and Michael Steinhardt Maple Collection.)
- Muffins and Mimosas
These early morning viewings provide private morning access to each major exhibition before public opening hours.
- Andrew Carnegie Distinguished Lecture
Leaders in the fields of horticulture, conservation, landscape design, etc. present their work. Past speakers have included Lord Jacob Rothschild and Lady Mary Keen on the productive garden of Eythrope, Victoria Johnson on the historic Elgin Garden, and Cassian Schmidt on the new perennial movement at Hermannshof Gardens.
- Exclusive Limited-capacity Events for High-Level Patrons
We hope you will join NYBG’s most dedicated group of supporters. If you have any questions, please contact us at 718-817-8553 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$1,500–$2,499 ($105 non-deductible)
- Unlimited free admission for six adults and six children
- Complimentary reserved parking*
- Early morning grounds access, with entry intothe Garden beginning at 6 a.m. on all days that the Garden is open to the public
- Opportunity to arrange a free garden visit (tickets and parking) for up to 14 unaccompanied guests per year*
Exclusive Patrons events, including:
- VIP previews of each of the Garden’s four annual art and horticulture exhibitions
- Morning ‘Muffins and Mimosas’ events in the Garden’s most beautiful settings
- Curator-led tours that reveal the hidden history, leading-edge research, and first class horticulture behind this iconic landscape
- Special presentations by luminaries in science, horticulture, landscape design, and more
- One private weekday golf cart tour of our 250-acre site, with a Patron Program staff guide, for up to five people*
- Dedicated phone line to assist with tickets, parking, restaurant reservations, course enrollment, and events
- Personal assistance and priority enrollment for lectures, symposia, adult education courses and public programs, including discounted registration*
$2,500–$4,999 ($105 non-deductible)
All the benefits of Patron, plus:
- Behind-the-scenes weekday tour of the Nolen Greenhouses for Living Collections, with a staff guide, for up to five people**
- One private weekend golf cart tour of the Garden’s grounds, with a Patron Program staff guide, for up to five people**
- Opportunity to attend one complimentary class from a wide selection of educational courses in botanical art, horticulture, and plant science
- (NEW) Exclusive after-hours access to the upcoming Yayoi Kusama exhibition
$5,000–$9,999 ($150 non-deductible)
All the benefits of Sponsor, plus:
- Invitation to The Orchid Lunch, featuring exclusive curator-led tours of The Orchid Show and an elegant lunch with the Garden’s President
- A guided weekday tour of the Edible Academy/Ruth Rea Howell Family Garden, with a Garden educator, for up to five people**
- One additional private golf cart tour of the Garden’s grounds, with a Patron Program staff guide, for up to five people (two tours total)**
$10,000–$24,999 ($187 non-deductible)
All the benefits of Benefactor, plus:
- Annual briefing by NYBG staff, at the Garden or at your home or office
- Behind-the-scenes weekday tour of the LuEsther T. Mertz Library, William and Lynda Steere Herbarium, or Pfizer Plant Research Laboratory, with a Garden curator or program expert, for up to five people**
- Two complimentary tickets to a public evening event (e.g. Orchid Evening, Summer Concert Series, Bar Car Night), upon request**
- A signed copy of a recent NYBG Press Publication, upon request
* Arrangements must be made through the Garden Patrons Office with a minimum of one week’s advance notice.
** Arrangements must be made through the Garden Patrons Office with a minimum of two weeks’ advance notice and are limited to staff availability.