Mother’s Day Weekend Garden Party is one of the most popular events at NYBG! Below are tips to help you plan for your special day out with Mom.
Advance purchase is strongly recommended. Reserve your tickets online in advance of your visit and print your tickets to avoid lines at entry gates. If you are a Member, please bring your Member card, parking pass, and guest passes.
We recommend using public transportation; NYBG is easily accessible via Metro-North Railroad (Botanical Garden station) or by subway on the B, D, and 4 trains to the Bedford Park Boulevard station and the 2 train to Allerton Avenue station. If arriving by car, the Garden is off the Bronx River Parkway at Fordham Road (Exit 7W). See full directions at nybg.org/directions.
Complete your Mother’s Day Weekend experience with our host of dining options! While every effort will be made to minimize your wait time at all dining venues, please plan for a minimum of a 30-minute wait. Wait times will vary throughout the day at all venues. Make reservations at the Hudson Garden Grill, the Garden’s full-service dining destination, on OpenTable.com. All other dining options are walk-up service only. All adults 21 and older who intend to consume alcohol will be required to show valid photo ID at time of beverage purchase. Note that some food trucks are cash only—please be prepared; ATM is located at NYBG Shop.
Wheelchairs are available to borrow free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center, Mosholu Entrance, Bedford Park Gate, and East Gate. Reservations are not accepted. An ID must be left with Visitor Services. Wheelchair lifts are located in the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory and at the entrance to the Library building.
The Garden’s events and exhibitions are located indoors and outdoors; please dress accordingly. The Garden will make every effort to hold events and programs as scheduled. Modification or cancellation of an event or program is dependent on weather conditions at the Garden.
- Stay on paths, picnic on Daffodil Hill only, and keep your pets at home.
- Picking flowers, climbing trees, and recreational sports (including scooter and bicycle riding)are not permitted.
- Photography is not permitted in the Art Gallery.
- Strollers, tripods/monopods, easels, selfie sticks, food, and drink are not permitted in the Conservatory, Art Gallery, and the Ross Hall.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on Garden grounds.
- Do not feed and never approach wildlife at the Garden.
- You may picnic at the Clay Family Picnic Pavilions; outside food is not allowed in indoor and outdoor Cafés. Outside alcohol is not permitted on Garden grounds.
- Please do not eat or drink in the Conservatory, NYBG Shop, and the Library Building.
- The Garden reserves the right to inspect all bags. We do not offer a bag check, so please plan accordingly.
Questions may be directed to The New York Botanical Garden Ticketing Support Hotline between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.817.8716.