An Outdoor Color and Light Experience
This holiday season, let it GLOW at The New York Botanical Garden in an all-new outdoor experience illuminating NYBG’s landmark landscape and Enid A. Haupt Conservatory.
With lots of room to spread out, explore a glowing world of color and light featuring the Haupt Conservatory as the centerpiece—its iconic exterior a glittering canvas. Washes of brilliant colors, thousands of dazzling lights, and picture-perfect installations fill the Reflecting Pool and enliven surrounding gardens and collections. Also during your visit, enjoy artistic ice sculpting, music, and pop-up performances by The Hip Hop Nutcracker.
Children (2–12): $18
Children under 2: Free
Children (2–12): $10
Children under 2: Free
Advanced purchase required for all visitors, including Members, Patrons, and Corporate Members; events do sell out. When purchasing a ticket, select an entry time.
Safety Is Our Priority
We remain committed to providing you an enjoyable Garden experience with some new guidelines in place.
- Reserve in advance. Timed-entry ticket reservations are required. No tickets will be available on-site.
- Wear a face covering. Everyone is required to wear face coverings throughout the Garden grounds.
- Stay home if you are sick, symptomatic, or have traveled from certain states. Please visit another day if you aren’t feeling well or are subject to mandatory quarantine or testing processes designated by the New York State travel advisory. We appreciate you taking care of yourself and protecting others.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Maintain six feet between yourself and others outside of your party when moving through the Garden.
- Follow one-way traffic patterns. Look for signage to help you navigate the Garden.
Know Before You GLOW
- Access to the experience is limited. Due to safety protocols that include social distancing, a limited number of visitors will be admitted every half-hour. Gates close at 9 p.m.
- Advance tickets are required. Walk-up tickets are not available. Entry to NYBG GLOW is not included in daytime grounds or Holiday Train Show® admission.
- Prepare to be outdoors. NYBG GLOW is an outdoor experience, rain or shine. Dress for the weather and wear comfortable attire for exploration. Does not include access to the Holiday Train Show.
- Grab-and-go food service. Food and refreshments are available for purchase and carryout at the Pine Tree Café and on the Hudson Garden Grill patio. Outdoor seating is available.
- NYBG Shop is open with limited capacity. We have adjusted our shopping and checkout processes to provide the safest possible experience.
- Mobility considerations. Wheelchair loans are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis at the Leon Levy Visitor Center and Mosholu Entrance. If you require a mobility device, we encourage you to bring your own.
An inherent risk of exposure to the coronavirus (COVID-19) exists in any public space where people are present. People visiting The New York Botanical Garden do so at their own risk as to such exposure as well as other risks inherent to outdoor public spaces. We will continue to monitor state and city guidelines to inform the Garden’s operations.
Discover Outdoor Entertainment
Lively performers help light up the night with music, dance, and artistic ice sculpting.
Hip Hop Nutcracker: NYBG REMIX
Delight in pop-up performances from The Hip Hop Nutcracker, an award-winning contemporary dance spectacle set to Tchaikovsky’s timeless music. Through this remixed and reimagined version of the classic, a selection of dynamic performers will dance solos inspired by a celebration of love, community, and the magic of the holiday season.
Steel Pan Holiday
Experience the festive sounds of the steel pan drum as you explore GLOW.
Artistic Ice Sculpting
Marvel as carvers from Okamoto Studio NYC transform ordinary blocks of ice into massive wintry works of art.
About the Artists:
- Hip Hop Nutcracker: NYBG REMIX
Jennifer Weber (Director & Choreographer) is a Lucille Lortel and Bessie-Award nominated choreographer based in New York City. In 2020 she will make her film debut as the choreographer for Disney’s ZOMBIES 2. Her concert dance work has been performed at Jacob’s Pillow, The Apollo, The Kennedy Center, Lincoln Center, Southbank Center, and The Stanislavsky Music Theatre, Moscow. Commercial direction/choreography: Marc Jacobs, CK2, American Express, Uber, Ulta, L’Oreal, Reebok, Philosophy and Lifetime’s Bring It Live! Tour.
- Steel Pan Holiday: Winners of the International Pan Ramajay Competition 2020, Khuent Rose leads the steel pan ensemble, Khuentertainment. The ensemble is part of a generation of young steelpan music innovators charting imaginative performances while holding a profound respect and understanding for the titans that have built this distinctive musical tradition.
- Shintaro Okamoto is the creative force behind Okamoto Studio, a NYC-based artist collective best known for producing artful installations and performances out of crystal clear ice. Shintaro thrives on offering new ways to play the ephemeral quality of ice as the perfect metaphor for the ‘here and the now.’ His ideas about ice continue to carve new ways to “communicate and interact, to keep function and form both fluid, to cement life with ice evermore inevitable.”
In the event of inclement weather, the performance schedule is subject to change.
Warm Up with Seasonal Treats
Pine Tree Café
Stop by the Pine Tree Café and warm up with a hot cocoa or coffee available for purchase. Enjoy signature pizzas and more to round out your evening.
Hudson Garden Grill
Beverages and light bites are available for purchase.
Leon Levy Visitor Center
Pick up a keepsake of your GLOW visit or do some holiday shopping at NYBG Shop—a winter wonderland of glittering ornaments, home décor, new and unusual plants, and unique gifts.
Purchases in the Shop and online support the Garden’s pursuit of excellence in horticulture, plant research and conservation, and education.
Garden areas activated with outdoor color and light installations.