June 20, 6:30–9:30
On Daffodil Hill
Dad won't want to miss this throwback to the heyday of Linda Ronstadt with a performance of her landmark album of traditional Mexican folk songs—the top selling non-English album in American history—by The Villalobos Brothers and Humberto Flores, featuring a special appearance by Gizel Xanath, other guest artists, and a full mariachi band. Bring a picnic blanket and set up under the stars for a relaxed evening of music, refreshments, and the continued celebration of Mexican heritage at the heart of our spring exhibition, FRIDA KAHLO: Art, Garden, Life. Visit La Casa Azul Taco Truck while you're here, and enjoy a complimentary Modelo Especial draft cerveza or Jose Cuervo Tradicional margarita included with your ticket to this Father's Day weekend concert.
- Take the Metro-North from Grand Central Terminal (departing 5:24 p.m.) to arrive at the Garden just in time for dinner. Enjoy the perfect Frida al Fresco evening by making a reservation at Hudson Garden Grill (final reservations at 5:45 p.m.) for a full-service dining experience in our newly opened restaurant.
- Doors to the Canciones de mi Padre event open at 6 p.m.
- Upon entry, pick up your drink ticket at any admissions window. At the outdoor Cantina or Plaza Bar, redeem your coupon for a complimentary Modelo Especial draft cerveza or Jose Cuervo Tradicional margarita at any point during the evening.
- The concert starts at 7 p.m. on Daffodil Hill and should last about 90 minutes.
- Visitors must bring their own lawn chairs and blankets. Limited seating will be available.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted on Garden grounds.
- Entry to the Art Gallery and the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory will be granted on a space-available basis; wait times will vary based on exhibition flow. Please note that the Art Gallery closes at 8:30 p.m.
Non-Member $40/Member $30
Advanced tickets recommended.