Enter the Contest by April 15!
In recognition of the 125th Anniversary of the New York Botanical Garden, we will be hosting a celebratory Cake Contest outside our beloved Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. The contest will consist of the best and most creative Garden-themed cake creations that local Bronx and neighborhood bakeries have to offer. The cakes will be displayed outside at the Conservatory Plaza for the all the public to see, photograph and admire throughout the day on Sunday, May 15. We will have a Toast to the Garden at 3pm and the cakes will be judged on natural creativity and style with champagne for purchase and the opportunity to sample a complimentary slice of cake.
- A 2–3 sentence proposal about the cake concept as well as 2 examples of past cake designs should be submitted for consideration. You may also submit a sketch of your cake design if you wish.
- As a partner, we ask you to provide one (1) 18"x 24" inch sheet cake (matching the designed cake's flavors) for guests to enjoy as a complimentary slice following our toast to the Garden.
- We are expecting program crowds of about 500 people at the cutting, out of an overall possible 4,000 people who would come through the area, and be exposed to your business throughout the day.
- Cakes will be displayed in an outdoor setting (weather permitting), so please, no ice cream cakes.
- Visitors may not sample the display cake: it is for viewing only. Refrigeration provided for sheet cakes.
- You must have at least one representative present with the cake display from 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- The sheet cake will be served at 3 p.m. with the cake cutting ceremony.
- You may display your marketing materials.
- There is no fee to participate.
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 125th Anniversary Cake Contest on Sunday, May 15. Please complete the following form, along with your cake idea submission, and we will be in touch shortly.