By becoming a Member of The New York Botanical Garden you are active in preserving the mission of this landmark institution as an advocate of the plant kingdom and patron of our living collection.
These terms and conditions apply to all Members of the Botanical Garden. In these terms “you/r” or “Member/s” refer to all people who have purchased or applied for a Membership at the Contributing, Dual, Dual Senior, Family, Family Senior, Individual, Individual Senior, Supporting, Supporting Senior, Sustaining, and Teacher categories. The terms “we”, “NYBG”, “the Botanical Garden”, or “the Garden” refer to The New York Botanical Garden.
Basic Membership and Benefits
- Year-round admission for 1 adult to the Garden grounds, the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, Everett Children’s Adventure Garden, Rock and Native Plant Gardens, and Garden Tram tours during normal Garden hours.
- Any additional person/s included in Membership is determined by the Membership Category. Some special events and exhibitions may be excluded.
- Membership is active upon purchase and is not contingent upon the receipt of Membership materials.
- Members-Only exhibition previews, programs, and trips
- Information on events is mailed to the mailing and email address provided.
- Parking passes
- The number of parking passes you receive is determined by your Membership Level. Parking passes will be mailed with your Membership materials in 2-3 weeks and cannot be replaced if lost. Each pass can be used once. If you do not bring your passes with you, you will be required to pay full-price for parking (no refunds). Parking passes are only valid with an active Membership.
- Guest passes
- The number of guest passes you receive is determined by your Membership Level. Guest passes will be mailed with your Membership materials in 2-3 weeks and cannot be replaced if lost. Each pass can be used once. If you do not bring your passes with you, you will be required to pay full-price for parking (no refunds). Guest passes are only valid with an active Membership. Members are required to accompany their guest(s) when using a guest pass.
- 10% discount off total purchase at NYBG Shop and additional Members specials
- Discounts on Educational Programs
- 10% discount off course fees with a maximum discount of $30.
- Exclusive monthly e-newsletter, seasonal Calendar of Events, and other Garden communications
- Discounts at area nurseries and garden centers
- A complete listing is available here.
- Reciprocal benefits at participating gardens and arboreta
- Garden Members receive reciprocal benefits at gardens and arboreta throughout the United States through our association with the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program. Benefits vary by organization and Garden Members must present their Membership Card to take advantage of any offer.
Membership Office Contact Information
Additional Terms and Information
Membership entitles you to admission to the Garden year-round during normal Garden hours. Members and guests are subject to conditions and policies of the Garden.
With the exception of the benefit of admission to the Garden, we reserve the right to alter the Membership Categories and Benefits without prior notice.
Membership is valid for one year from the date your application is processed. No refunds, extensions, or exchanges will be granted if you are for any reason unable to utilize your Membership Benefits.
If you have purchased regular-priced admission to the Garden the same day you purchase a Membership, the price of admission can be applied to the cost of a Membership. In cases of Dual, Dual Senior, Family, Family Senior, Supporting, Supporting Senior Contributing or Sustaining Memberships, the cost of two regular-priced admissions can be applied towards Membership. For Individual, Individual Senior, and Teacher Memberships, the cost of one regular-priced admission is applied.
The Garden does not grant refunds once a Membership has commenced.
Memberships, Membership Benefits, parking passes, and Membership Cards are nontransferable. A second proof of identity may be requested by Garden Representatives.
Memberships that include two persons may receive one Membership Card for each adult named on the Membership. Children do not receive Membership Cards.
Lost, mishandled, or stolen Membership Cards can be replaced upon request. There is a replacement fee of $5 for lost cards.
If during the term of your active Membership you wish to upgrade your Category of Membership, speak with a Membership Representative to arrange for payment of the difference between the two Categories.
The Garden does not permit a Member to downgrade to a lower Category once the Membership materials have been received and benefits have been used.
Please allow 2 to 3 weeks to receive your Membership materials. The Garden does not send confirmations upon receipt of applications and payments. We will assume all proper Membership materials have been received unless notified. It is your responsibility to notify the Membership Office if you have not received your Membership materials.
Renewals may be processed at any point once your Membership term has commenced. Pending a successful renewal, your Membership will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. The Membership Office does not retain the financial information of its Members on record. This information must be re-submitted with each renewal.
In some instances you may receive a renewal notice after having mailed your renewal payment. You may disregard the notice, or if you are concerned, please contact our Office to inquire about your Membership status.
You will receive a Temporary Membership Card if you join/renew in person at the Garden, or online. If joining/renewing online, you will be able to print a Temporary Membership Card and one-time use parking pass once your application has been submitted.
Guest passes are for one-time use only and will be received in 2-3 weeks. Guest passes can only be redeemed at one of the Garden ticket windows; they cannot be used to reserve timed tickets in advance. If a Member with a timed ticket brings a guest with a guest pass, Garden Representatives will do their very best to accommodate the party at the same time. Guest passes cannot be replaced if lost.
Parking at the Garden is limited so we strongly encourage the use of public transportation. It is also good for the planet! Parking passes are one-time use only and will be received in 2-3 weeks. Members may need to present their Membership Cards to Garden staff. Parking passes are issued with your Membership materials and cannot be replaced if lost.
Early Morning Grounds allow entry into the Garden beginning at 6 a.m. on days that the Garden is open. All Supporting Level Members automatically receive Early Morning Grounds Access. A valid Membership ID card must be presented to security upon entering. Individual Members can purchase this access for an additional $15, Dual or Family Members for $25.
Timed tickets are required for admission to special exhibitions at the Garden. Ticketing is necessary to alleviate overcrowding, ensure a more pleasant experience, to protect the Conservatory, collections, and delicate exhibitions.
Member Tickets generally go on sale four weeks before the opening of an exhibition, two weeks before the general public. Each Membership is allotted a fixed number of complimentary Member Tickets determined by your Membership Category.
Guest passes can only be redeemed at the Garden ticket windows; they cannot be reserved in advance. If someone with a timed ticket brings a friend using a guest pass Garden Representatives will do their very best to accommodate the party at the same time. A limited number of same-day tickets are available on site on a first come, first served basis for those who wish to redeem guest passes for admission. Additional timed tickets are available for purchase at regular price if you do not have any more guest passes or have exceeded the number of complimentary admissions allowed by your Membership Category.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse entry and/or Membership to a Member and to revoke a Membership without refund if a Member behaves in a threatening or abusive manner toward any person, or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections at The New York Botanical Garden.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of these policies at any time. At the time of an amendment, Members will be notified on our Web site, where a new term and policy sheet will be available for download.