By becoming a Member of The New York Botanical Garden you are active in preserving the mission of this landmark institution as an advocate of the plant kingdom and patron of our living collection.
These terms and conditions apply to all Members of the Botanical Garden. In these terms “you/r” or “Member/s” refer to all people who have purchased or applied for a Membership at the Individual, Individual Senior, Dual, Dual Senior, Family, Family Senior, Friends & Family, Supporting, Contributing, Sustaining, and Teacher categories. The terms “we”, “NYBG”, “the Botanical Garden”, or “the Garden” refer to The New York Botanical Garden.
Core Membership Benefits
- Year-round admission for 1 adult to the Garden grounds the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, and Garden Tram tours during normal Garden hours.
- Any additional person/s included in Membership is determined by the Membership Category. Some special events and exhibitions may be excluded.
- Membership is active upon purchase and is not contingent upon the receipt of Membership materials.
- Members-Only exhibition previews, programs, and trips
- Information on events is communicated to the mailing and e-mail address provided.
- Parking/Guest passes
- The number of passes you receive is determined by your Membership level. Passes will be mailed with your Membership cards in 2-3 weeks of purchase and cannot be replaced if lost. Each pass can be used once. If you do not bring your passes with you, you will be required to pay regular price (no refunds). Passes are only valid with an active Membership.
- Members are required to accompany their guest(s) when using a guest pass. With the exception of Member Days, guest passes are not valid during the Holiday Train Show®. Guest passes are only valid with an active Membership.
- 10% discount off purchases at NYBG Shop
- Discounts on Educational Programs
- 10% discount off course fees
- Exclusive monthly e-newsletter and other Garden communications
- Discounts at area nurseries and garden centers
- A complete listing is available here.
- Reciprocal benefits at participating gardens and arboreta
- Garden Members receive reciprocal benefits at gardens and arboreta throughout the United States through our association with the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program. Benefits vary by organization and Garden Members must present their Membership Cards to take advantage of any offer.
Membership Office Contact Information
Phone: 718.817.8703 E-mail: email@example.com
Membership is valid for one year from the date your application is processed. No refunds, extensions, or exchanges will be granted if you are for any reason unable to utilize your Membership Benefits.
Please allow 2–3 weeks to receive your Membership materials. We will assume all proper Membership materials have been received unless notified. It is your responsibility to notify the Membership Office if you have not received your Membership materials within the 2-3 week period.
The Garden does not grant refunds once a Membership has commenced.
Membership entitles you to admission to the Garden year-round during normal Garden hours. Members and guests are subject to conditions and policies of the Garden. Your valid Membership card is required to gain admission to the Garden. If you have forgotten your Membership card, simply show your valid photo ID to a Membership representative at a ticketing window for access. With the exception of the benefit of admission to the Garden, we reserve the right to alter the Membership Categories and Benefits without prior notice.
If you have purchased regular-priced admission to the Garden the same day you purchase a Membership, the price of admission can be applied to the cost of a Membership. In cases of Dual and Dual Senior, the cost of two regular-priced admissions can be applied towards Membership. In the case of Family, Family Senior, Friends & Family, Supporting, Contributing or Sustaining Memberships, the cost of two regular-priced admissions and two children’s admissions can be applied towards Membership. For Individual, Individual Senior, and Teacher Memberships, the cost of one regular-priced admission is applied. Please see an on-site Visitor Services Representative on the day of your visit for additional details.
Memberships, Membership Benefits, passes, and Membership Cards are nontransferable. A second proof of identity may be requested by Garden Representatives. Member benefits are for the cardholder(s) only.
Memberships that include two persons may receive at most two Membership Cards, one for each adult named on the Membership. Children do not receive Membership Cards. If a Member wishes to add a new second individual to the Membership during cycle, there is a $5 replacement card fee.
Lost, mishandled, or stolen Membership Cards can be replaced upon request. There is a replacement fee of $5 for lost cards.
If during the term of your active Membership you wish to upgrade your Category of Membership, speak with a Membership Representative to arrange for payment of the difference between the two Categories.
The Garden does not permit a Member to downgrade to a lower Category once the Membership materials have been received and benefits have been used.
Renewals may be processed at any point once your Membership term has commenced. Pending a successful renewal, your Membership will be extended for one year from the current expiration date. The Membership Office does not retain the financial information of its Members on record. This information must be re-submitted with each renewal.
In some instances you may receive a renewal notice after having mailed your renewal payment. You may disregard the notice, or if you are concerned, please contact our office to inquire about your Membership status.
Early Morning Grounds Access allow entry onto the Garden grounds beginning at 6 a.m. on days that the Garden is open. Community Grounds, Supporting, Contributing, and Sustaining levels automatically receive Early Morning Grounds Access. A valid Membership ID card must be presented to security upon entering. Individual Members can purchase this access for an additional $15, Dual, Family, and Friends & Family Members for $25.
Timed tickets are required for admission to special exhibitions at the Garden. Ticketing is necessary to alleviate overcrowding, ensure a more pleasant experience, to protect the Conservatory, collections, and delicate exhibitions.
Each Membership is allotted a fixed number of complimentary Member tickets per day determined by your Membership level.
On Member Days, guest passes can only be redeemed at the Garden ticket windows; they cannot be reserved in advance. If someone with a timed ticket brings a friend using a guest pass Garden Representatives will do their very best to accommodate the party at the same time. Additional timed tickets are available for purchase at regular price if you do not have any more guest passes or have exceeded the number of complimentary admissions allowed by your Membership Category.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse entry and/or Membership to a Member and to revoke a Membership without refund if a Member behaves in a threatening or abusive manner toward any person, or damages or threatens to damage any of the collections at The New York Botanical Garden.
We reserve the right to amend the terms of these policies at any time. At the time of an amendment, Members will be notified on our Web site, where a new term and policy sheet will be available for download.