Enjoy an after-hours viewing of Georgia O’Keeffe: Visions of Hawai‘i in the Conservatory and Art Gallery. These festive summer evenings come to life as live music sets the mood for traditional artisan demonstrations of kapa– and lei-making as well as block printing. Encounter spectacularly illuminated installations by contemporary Hawaiian artist Mark Chai, and unwind with specialty cocktails and Hawaiian fare available for purchase from the STARR Events new Poke Truck. (Special ticket required)
Advance purchase recommended to guarantee admission; events do sell out. Events are rain or shine. Read on for tips to help you plan your visit.
Children (2–12): $18
Member Adults: $28
Children (2–12): $13
About the Exhibition
Discover Hawai‘i through the eyes of Georgia O’Keeffe during an exhibition of the works inspired by her time in the islands in 1939. Throughout the show, explore Hawaiian culture via music, performance, food, and more.
Live music sets the mood for traditional artisan demonstrations of Kapa-, lei-making, and more.
Live Music Featuring:
August 18: Special Performance
Featuring Kamakakehau Fernandez, Kapono Na’ili’ili, Led Kapaana, and Willie K as part of Celebrate Hawai’i Music weekend
Unwind with specialty cocktails and Hawaiian fare available for purchase from STARR Events’ new Poke Truck.
More information coming soon.
LGBT @ NYBG: Pride Month Celebration
Everyone is invited to this series of events for the LGBT community and its allies. Kick off Pride Month on June 9 with a celebration hosted by NYBG and the NGLCCNY. More information coming soon.
Tips for Your Visit
Make the most out of your Aloha Nights visit.
- Special tickets must be purchased for Aloha Nights and are discounted for Members. Guest passes are not accepted. We strongly recommend reserving in advance, as events are likely to sell out.
- Aloha Nights take place from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.; arrive at any time during this time range.
- Plan for approximately two hours to experience Aloha Nights. Tram service does not operate at night. Wheelchairs are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Arrive by 9:30 p.m. for the last entry into the Library Building to view O’Keeffe’s work in the art gallery.
- Access to the Conservatory is granted on a space-available basis and there may be a wait on peak days.